Sunday, January 2, 2011

Hurrah! A New Post!

Yesterday I had only a minor hangover and cured it by a swim down at the beach. On the way down there I walked past a campervan. It was one of those cheap jobs favoured by backpackers who then park them in the nearby streets for easy access to the beach and to save on accommodation costs. Its become something of an issue for some people but it doesn't bother me all that much.
This particular campervan had its side door open so as I walked past with my hangover straining at the leash I peeked inside. Lying on the mattress was a young lady who was naked from the waist up. Obviously the occupants had opened the door to let in the sea breeze on a hot night and sometime during the post NYE activities the sheet had slipped off. So I guess this is what some of the Waverley Council residents don't like; half naked girls sleeping in campervans.

The beach was surprsingly uncrowded but the tide was on the low side which didn't make for any awesome surf type action. The water temperature has risen above that of the bitingly cold stuff of a month ago but it was still slightly brisk which to me is the ducks guts for the first stage of killing a hangover. The second stage is the hot walk back up the hill, a shower and breakfast fry up accompanied by a big pot of tea. I needed that because I caught up with some friends in the afternoon for New Years Day drinks. That went on for longer than is recommended by medicos but we had a good time. I ended up crashing at around 2.30 this morning so repeated the hanggover cure again. This time the campervan with its half naked mistress wasn't there. The water was a good start and this time for breakfast I stuck with muesli and tea and toast with home made jam i'd been given at Christmas. Tomorrow I fix a flat car battery and start looking for a Mazda 3. I'm targetting something only 2-3 nyears old with less than 40,000 kms on the clock. Specifically io'd like an SP23. They go well and have really, really cool dashboards which is important given that you look at them quite a bit.

But more importantly Australia takes on England in an effort to square the series and win back some sort of self respect. We have a bloke called Beer in the team and that has to be inspirational. On the down side is having that uselss twat Michael Clarke as Captain of the team. People are being sporting and congratulating England on their performance in Melbourne. I say fuck that for a game of soldiers, don't befriend them, just get out there and smash them.

Also this year I've upped the ante in tech gear so will be posting more frequently. Whether that's good or bad remains to be seen. Its now bourbon time.

5 comments:

  1. FKN SMASH EM.

    Happy new year mate, many happy returns. Or beers, whichever comes first. BTW enjoyed that Dog Shit Killers finale, nice work.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Thurbs:

    If you're in Syd 12/13 March, G-Man is playing in Samurai TRash at teh Excelsior. I'll be at both gigs, but I'm launching his memoir at Gleebooks on the Sat afternoon 3:30 - for 4pm. Come along for a drinkipegs - the launch is free.

    If you want to go to the gig, later on, here's the details of tix. I think they sell up fast. Hope to see you there.

    http://www.moshtix.com.au/Search.aspx?s=2&q=samurai%20trash&c=2&v=242&p=0&from=20110112&to=20120113

    Cheers
    a

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Hughesy. Thanks for the heads up and the Excelsior sounds like a fair nod to the old Trade Union Club so I'll book tix and do some stompin, Samurai style. I'll go to the Glebe gig to grab a hangover slurp and stink out the place with my drunken smell of cool.

    ReplyDelete

Followers